Monday, April 19, 2010

Oh, a quicky!!!

Friday night Jason and I both were beat, super tired, long work week, we just wanted to go home and relax. For Jason that meant listening to music, and painting. For me, it meant baking cookies, and listening to whatever music he was listening to. So that's what we did. I decided to bake some chocolate cookies. I wanted something really soft, definitely brownie like, and I am pretty stoked on these cookies and achieved just that. These cookies are super soft, super chocolate, and super yummy. They are great alone, but I had some dulce de leche just hanging around whispering sweet nothings in my ear, so I had to pair the two. Let me tell you.. SO GOOD!




Super Soft Chocolate Cookies

1 3/4 C flour
1 1/4 C cocoa powder
1/2 C granulated sugar
3/4 C light brown sugar, packed
2 TS baking powder
Pinch of kosher salt
1 C butter, softened
2 large eggs
1 TS pure vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, until well combined after each addition. Add salt and vanilla. In another bowl combine flour,cocoa, and baking soda. Whisk to mix the dry ingredients together. Gradually add to wet mixture. Drop by spoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes until filling is fluffy but still soft. Allow to cool on baking sheet 10 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely. You can use peanut butter, any kind of mousse or jam, frosting, etc for a filling to create some yummy sandwich cookies, or do like I did and use some dulce de leche. You can use store bought dulce de leche or make your own. I have done both, and honestly Friday night wasn't a make your own dulce de leche night. Luckily I keep that sorta stuff on hand, haha. ENJOY!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oooooooooo my gosh, brownie-like! YUMsters!!

    "super soft, super chocolate, and super yummy" - sounds SUPER PERFECT to me!!

    You rock, girl! Thanks for another amazing one!

    ReplyDelete