Saturday, March 6, 2010

A sea of blondes!

Not the ones you're thinking of I'm sure. These babies are good, and I mean REAL good. Our roomie loves white chocolate macadamia nut cookies. I wanted to make some for him, but boring ol' cookies? Who me?! NO SIR! I'm a pretty cool lady, ya know! So, while checking my email the other day, wonderful little Miss Betty Crocker sent me a letter chock full of recipes, which included one on white chocolate macadamia nut bars. So, right then and there I saw it as a sign from my savor Chewbacca (Don't judge me) and I was convinced that I needed to bake these for my friend! And I did!! KC had one and I got the thumbs up, which in my book means I did good.



Come sail this sea, hot stuff!


Baking these today really made me feel better. I don't know about you guys, but when I'm stressed out, just feel like ripping my hair out, running down the road topless and crying, I quickly get in the kitchen and make myself busy. I don't want to get arressted or anything.. It just pulls me back to the place I belong, the place where I know every things all okay - unless I scorch the chocolate, or burn the rolls - It reminds me that life isn't bad, that I've got a wonderful man who loves me for me, friends who ARE family, and family that care.



I loved the way the butter and brown sugar melted together to form the sweetest thing.

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Blondie Bars

3/4 C butter melted
1 1/2 C packed brown sugar
1 TB pure vanilla
2 eggs
2 C All purpose flour
1 1/2 TS baking powder
1 C chopped macadamia nuts
1 C white chocolate chips

White chocolate drizzle:

1/2 C white chocolate chips
plastic freezer bag

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray, line with wax paper. Heat butter and brown sugar in saucepan on low until butter is melted. Remove from heat. In large bowl combine sugar mixture with eggs and vanilla on medium speed. Beat in flour and baking powder on low speed. Stir in chocolate and nuts. Pour into baking dish and bake 20-25 minutes. Cool on wire rack for 30 minutes. Melt baking chips in plastic bag for 30-50 seconds. Drizzle over bars, cut into squares and ENJOY!!!!

2 comments:

  1. OMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!! those REALLY look GOOD!!!! im so hungry!!!!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. mom says they look amazing!!!!! im posting comments for her since she cant figure it out.shes got her good days and bad and today is one of her bads to where she dont know how to post a comment again!!! ha

    ReplyDelete