Monday, February 1, 2010

Did someone say Pumpkin?!!!

Yep, I sure did!

Our good friend Bryan is coming in town tonight to spend a few days with us. We're really excited to see him, and I'm super stoked on getting my hand tattooed. Plus he gets to eat this baby:






He had spent Thanksgiving with us, and had a slice of this VERY delicious pie. He actually had 2 slices, but hey who's counting? He looked at me and I could see the sparkle in his eyes. Heck we all could! So when he told us he was coming down, I was pretty excited to be able to bake this. I mean, this thing is pretty darn good. One day I went on a treasure hunt you see.. I was looking for a recipe for a crustless pumpkin pie, since we seldom eat the crust anyways. And I found the best of both worlds - Crustless pie AND cheesecake! I most certainly found my treasure :)

I'd like to thank the folks at Betty Crocker for their recipe which I made once, and then tweaked the ingredients to our liking.

Pumpkin Cream Cheesecake

Filling:
1 can 15 oz PURE pumpkin
12 oz cream cheese, softened
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup bisquick
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice

Topping:
1 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla







Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 inch DEEP DISH pie plate with cooking spray.Place all ingredients into large mixing bowl or blender, and mix until smooth. Pour into pie plate, and bake for 45 minutes or until center is dry. Cool 10 minutes. Mix all topping ingredients together, Spread over cheesecake. Refrigerate at least 3 hours, Store covered.



ENJOY!!

1 comment: